Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Gagnon would love to be your partner along your journey towards vibrant health! Please review frequently asked questions listed below.
Scheduling & Visits
What should I expect at my initial consultation?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Gagnon will carefully review and discuss your medical history and symptoms. If you are a good candidate for her services, Dr. Gagnon will discuss the necessary lab tests and schedule your follow-up appointment.
What's the cost for the initial consultation?
The initial consultation is US$395.
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit with Dr. Gagnon must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using her secure video channel if you choose.
Patients may contact Dr. Gagnon via email, however if an email question or request is deemed to be too complicated or involved for a response via email she may, at her discretion, require that the patient schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
If you are unable to complete your test(s) three weeks before your appointment, or have any questions, please contact Dr. Gagnon’s office immediately. Prescriptions cannot be renewed without up-to-date testing.
If you delay your test(s), requiring an extension (one month only) on your prescription(s), there will be a $50 charge for this service.
There is a two business day cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr. Gagnon. Cancelling within two busines days will result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows and same day cancellations: If you do not show up or cancel same day for a phone, video/telemedicine or office appointment you will be charged 100% of the scheduled consultation fee.
Billing & Insurance
Dr. Gagnon Is Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
Dr. Gagnon cannot take the place of a primary care physician.
It is important to note the following however:
1. Dr. Gagnon can not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as she is not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. Dr. Gagnon is not available for same-day acute emergency appointments, please call 911 or your primary care doctor.
3. Dr. Gagnon does not have a 24-hour answering service and does not take calls on nights and weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
Dr. Gagnon Does Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Dr. Gagnon will be billed to you directly.
Non-Gail M. Gagnon, D.O. medical expenses such as prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Gail M. Gagnon, D.O. will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. She cannot assist you with claim resolution for her services.
Dr. Gagnon will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be services or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
Dr. Gagnon does not provide medical charts or doctor notes to insurance companies. Should medical chart information be requested by or for another physician and your chart is extensive, you will be billed a copying/shipping/faxing fee.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Gail M. Gagnon, D.O. will be billed to you directly.
- Some lab tests she offers as part of her functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test through Dr. Gail M. Gagnon.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Dr. Gagnon and may include blood, saliva, urine, or stool testing.
- Dr. Gagnon will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing outside of Dr. Gagnon’s specialty, you may be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Dr. Gail M. Gagnon, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab, you must inform Dr. Gagnon of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs.